Small Claims

Small Claims

Small Claims Court allows you to sue for up to $10,000.00, plus fees and costs (claims by An Individual or Sole Proprietor only) -or- up to $5,000.00, plus fees and costs (claims by a Corporation or Business).

    The court filing fees are:

    • $30.00 (claims under $1,500)
    • $50.00 (claims between $1,500 and $5,000)
    • $75.00 (claims between $5,000 and $10,000)
    • $100.00 (if you've filed more than 12 claims in the last 12 months)

Your Judgment will include a good portion of your out-of-pocket expenses, such as, filing fees and service of process fees. The rules pertaining to Small Claims Court are simplified so that your case can be heard within 40 days of filing. In most cases, a decision/judgment will be made at the time of your hearing.

Attorney Related Services can help you from start to finish. We provide a full range of small claims services.

    The following are the Small Claims Packages we provide:

    Premier Package:

    • We prepare your claim
    • We file it with the court
    • We serve your defendant
    • We prepare and file the Proof of Service

    Deluxe Package:

    • You prepare the claim
    • We file it with the court
    • We serve your defendant
    • We prepare and file the Proof of Service

    Standard Package:

    • We will serve your defendant for as low as $47.00

We also provide Post-Judgment Enforcement:

  • Bank Levies
  • Wage Garnishments
  • Writ of Execution
  • Abstract Judgment
  • Order to Appear for Examination / ORAP

Can't find your defendant? Don't know exactly who to sue? When we say we can find anyone anywhere, we mean it. The Attorney Related Services staff has spent years implementing searches. We have evolved with the technology available and we understand what it takes to get the job done. Because of this, we offer multiple search techniques to execute a successful service, such as:

  • Name and Address Searches
  • Social Security Searches
  • Postal Searches
  • Real Property Search
  • Company / Corporate Search (find the legal name of the company you are suing).

For more information on Small Claims, click on one of the county links to go to their small claims site.